This insanely beautiful mermaid hair is part of a growing trend of sea-inspired masterpieces that have taken over the world of hair recently! The Gilded Pear salon is known for having exceptional services while staying on top of the very best hair styling trends. These multi-coloured tresses were done by stylist Kasara and look absolutely stunning.
Tips to prepare for getting mermaid hair from the mouths of stylists:
- Don’t wash your hair the day of the colouring or the night before. Natural oils help the colours to work.
- Disclose your entire colour history for the past 2 years to your stylist. Past colour jobs may affect the outcome of the dye job and they will need to adjust accordingly.
- Let you stylist know if you have scalp sensitivities or have had reactions to products in the past.
- Mentally prepare for what can be quite the process – especially if you have longer hair.
Maintaining your mermaid hair also takes special care so here are some tips for keeping that colour fresh as long as possible:
- Moisturize your hair as often as possible by using sulfate-free shampoos, lots of conditioner and even leave-in conditioner
- Get touch ups every 4 to 6 weeks, especially at the roots, to keep everything vibrant